Posts Tagged ‘vegas’
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
Yes, it’s true many courses are going to be closing if they already haven’t. As Las Vegas continues to grow in population our water supply is being pushed to the limit. If you ever fly over Lake Meade you will see the drop of water level on the shore lines against the mountains. It’s been taking place for a long time and people continue to say, Oh, it’s Las Vegas we will find a solution to our water shortage.
If you look around some of the areas of the Valley for instance the Lakes. The Lakes have manmade lakes. Several, they are tranquil and beautiful. I actually have several clients who bought in the Lakes for the purpose of having the Lakes to enjoy. You can’t fish at these lakes. They are there for cosmetic reasons. There are often many ducks who have made their homes in and around the lakes.
Desert Shores also has a few manmade Lakes. I do foresee in the future that these Lakes will not be around. With the rising prices of water and the water conservation program taking place. It just doesn’t make sense that homeowners associations will want to continue increasing their HOA fees in order to keep or maintain these water features.
Are you looking to buy? Sell? Call NOW, Penny O’Brien 702.321.9383
Monday, June 5th, 2017
Have you heard about this new and innovative program. And one of the best things about it is it’s free. No cost to you. The only thing you’ll need if you find necessary is a helmet, they are not supplied.
The Cadence Bike Share Program provides bicycles for residents and guests to ride around the beautiful community of Cadence.
Just sign up at:
Get your access code and get started riding
Take I-215 until it turns into Lake Mead Parkway. Pass through #. Warm Springs Rd. The Home Finding Center is on the left at the intersection of Sunset Rd and Lake Mead Parkway.
It’s really a neat program. If you’ve ever been by gogole in California at their headquarters, you will see bikes all around so that people can get from building to building faster and in a more fun matter.
You can ride from one community to the other and you do not have to be a resident or home owner to use the bikes.
I hope your found this information of value to you. If you or any one you know is looking to buy or sell a home here in Las Vegas or Henderson please keep me in mind. I’ve been helping buyers and sellers for over 19 years full-time. I have very happy clients. Take care and enjoy your life, Penny @ 702.321.9383 or GOWITHPENNY@yahoo.com
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
So, you’ve got Fresh paint on the walls, professional staging and an asking price that ends in 999 — when you’re selling your home, you’ll do whatever you can to help it stand out and sell faster, as a seller you want every edge you can get. And on the heels of the popular Consumer Electronics Show in January, perhaps that edge is a smarter home.
Smart home features are designed to make homes more convenient, appealing, secure and energy-efficient — all of which are bonuses when you’re trying to sell a house, most Sellers who want to move their homes faster may benefit from adding smart features that make their properties more appealing to tech-minded buyers.
Here are six trending smart home features that might catch buyers’ attention and help sell your home faster:
* Keyless/remote entry door locks — Have you ever left the house and worried that you left the front door unlocked? If your home is equipped with a keyless/remote entry door lock — available from multiple manufacturers — you can use an app on your smartphone to lock the door from wherever you are. Some manufacturers make versions that will also send a text or email to your phone when the door opens. Locks that can be programmed with multiple entry codes also allow you to see who comes and goes and when.
* Smart lighting — From lighting automation that allows you to control lights remotely and wirelessly, to energy-efficient LED bulbs that can change color to match your mood and decor, lighting has come a long way. Some smart lights work in tandem with home automation systems to allow you to turn them on or off, or even dim them, from an app on a smartphone or tablet. Others require no communication hub and can be controlled directly from your mobile device. You can also put some smart bulbs on timers (using your wireless device), sync them with certain TV shows or movies, and integrate them with security cameras and thermostats.
* DIY security systems — Don’t want to sign a contract or deal with complex security systems? Install-it-yourself security systems are affordable and offer security features like cameras, sensors, motion detectors and alarms or sirens, without the need for a security service to monitor them.
* Smart appliances — The Internet of Things (IoT) — everyday objects that have network connectivity — includes a growing list of smart appliances. Many manufacturers are offering washers, dryers, refrigerators and other home appliances that can communicate with you — and each other — wirelessly. Many can be controlled remotely from your smartphone — so if you leave the house and can’t remember if you turned off the stove, you can check in and turn it off using your smartphone app.
While appliances aren’t always included in a home sale, they do make for interesting features that keep your home top of mind to buyers.
* Smart plugs — One of the easiest, most affordable smart home upgrades you can make is to add smart plugs to your home. These Wi-Fi-enabled plugs fit existing outlets and can be controlled from a smartphone app. Plug anything into a smart plug, like lights or a television, and you can turn it on or off remotely, track energy consumption, or even create an on-off schedule.
* Temperature controls — Programmable thermostats were just the beginning; today’s home temperature controls are even smarter. Like other smart home features, smart thermostats can be controlled remotely from your mobile device. You can program them to make automatic temperature adjustments and then use your smartphone to override the program like turning up the heat on a particularly cold day. Some smart thermostats learn from household behavior and adjust the temperature to meet your family’s needs and save energy, while others adjust based on the number of people in a room. And several can now be operated via voice-controlled virtual assistants.
So Many of these smart home features are surprisingly easy and affordable to install, Sellers who are open to the idea of investing a little money to possibly help get a speedier sale, may want to consider adding the smart features buyers will be looking for in 2017.
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Southern Nevada home prices started 2017 with a somewhat rare and exciting. The January jump while the number of homes available for sale continued to shrink the market is strong.
According to GLVAR, the median price of existing single-family homes sold during January through its Multiple Listing Service (MLS) increased to $238,000. That was up 1.3 percent from December and up 8.7 percent from $219,000 in January 2016. Meanwhile, the median price of local condos and townhomes sold in January was $113,500, up slightly from December, but down 5.4 percent from January 2016.
This is great for homeowners because they actually are gaining equity in their homes.
The median single-family home price in Southern Nevada two years ago at this time was $200,000. One year ago, it was $219,000, “and now it’s up to $238,000. That’s a pretty great increase. .
Las Vegas home sales have also been on the rise. There are many reasons for home sales increasing, including an improving Las Vegas economy, and of course many of you know that home prices that are still lower than in most parts of California and a local population that is growing by about 2 percent per year.
Call, text or email me, GowithPenny@yahoo.com
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017
Yes, Nevada is a state that allows Real Estate Rebates. Only 10 states do not allow Rebates. So, for example for one of my clients they received $1500 at closing. They greatly appreciated and bought themselves things for their new home that I helped them find.
If you are interested in knowing more about how the rebate works, feel free to give me a call. Enjoy your day or evening.
Penny O’Brien 702.321.9383
I have over 17 years Real Estate experience. Full-time. I’m not working another job, I’m 100% committed to giving my clients 100%. I have happy clients. I’m your Realtor.
Wednesday, January 25th, 2017
Please click on the link so you can search our area zip codes locations.
Call Me @ 702.321.9383 For more information
Enjoy your life, Penny O’Brien with RE/MAX Excellence. GOwithPenny@yahoo.com
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
I’m Penny O’Brien with RE/MAX Excellence. I love pinching pennies when it comes to helping my buyers get their perfect home. I have been in the Real Estate business for over 16 years full time here in Las Vegas. What’s good about that is several things but mainly the friendships I’ve made with other Professional Realtors, Lenders, Title Companies, Home Warranty companies, Inspectors and many vendors.
When I am helping a buyer purchase a home I have the experience on how to communicate with the Listing agent. I do it with ease and professionalism. That’s very important these days because it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to be a Realtor and that being said there are a whole bunch of people that get into Real Estate for different reasons. I have experience in the industry. Which when it comes to buying or selling should be very important to you. I love helping my clients. You can talk with any of them and they will share with you our experience while searching for their home. Their experience during the whole transaction. I make it fun for them and we really have a good time. I greatly appreciate all of my wonderful clients, they are truly amazing.
I work the whole valley, Summerlin, Henderson, Green Valley, North Las Vegas. I always have and I always will. I help clients who are interested in condos, townhomes, Single Family Residences, High Rises and Rentals.
P.S. Working with a RE/MAX agent like myself is not more expensive than any other Real Estate company, it’s a big plus to you. Thank you for your time.
If you are in the market to buy and or sell, give me a call, text or drop me an email. I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your life. Penny 702.321.9383….. GoWithPenny@yahoo.com
Friday, January 20th, 2017
How the heck are ya? Very well I hope. If you’re here to know more about tiny homes in Las Vegas and other cities around Vegas then here we go.
First of All, Nevada is very rural, many people if you haven’t visited NV would think of just Vegas and the population of the valley. When you start getting outside of Vegas you will see that it so very rural. You can travel on and on and on and never see a home.
Here’s the kicker, Las Vegas of course like many cities have somewhat strict building codes. I realize they are in place to protect home owners and the public. But, If you’re wanting to live the “tiny house” movement life style, which I personally love the idea, it’s probably not gonna happen in Clark county.
Land in Clark county is not inexpensive either. Living off the grid in Clark County, probably not gonna happen. So, you can see that it’s not gonna happen and if so it surely wouldn’t be easy.
So, where in NV can we do our tiny home living. Many areas. If you’re willing to NOT live in Vegas. Of course, I love Vegas, I’ve been working with Buyers and sellers with their properties for over 15 years buy and sell here in Vegas. I’m just sharing that many people DO NOT want big houses. They don’t want all the maintenance, they want freedom to travel, to live simplistic, they are minimalist.
INTERESTED now? If so, Call me @702.321.9353
I will help you with your dream of having your own tiny house. LET’S do this. It’s exciting. ENJOY your day,
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
It’s Penny here to help answer any questions you may have related to buying a home. First of all, Let’s have fun with this new adventure. I will try my best to make your purchase as fun and drama free as possible.
Penny O’Brien, Remax Excellence 702.321.9383 GOwithPenny@yahoo.com
Here are a few helpful buying hints:
- Call Me @ 702.321.9383. I have been working with first time home buyers for over 17 years full-time. I will be there with you throughout the whole transaction.
- There are many down payment programs out there to help make your purchase so much easier than ever before.
- Don’t always listen to what your co-workers are telling you or even your family as far as that goes. They mean well, but don’t always know the best ways to go about the process.
- Let’s find you a home that completely fits your budget, needs and wants.
Are you ready to start shopping? Then, Let’s get moving.
Enjoy the rest of your day,
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
small list of a few Vegan Restaurants I’ve visited and can Highly recommend all of them.
ERB’s Vegan Kitchen
Go Vegan Café
Essence and Herbs
Evel Pei Eff
Cahada Thai and Wine
Go Raw Vegan
I have no interest of monetary value and I do not know the owners or workers. I am just supplying places because sometimes it’s difficult to find a place that serves Vegan dishes. Not every restaurant mentioned in total vegan, of course some are.
I am Vegan, I have been for about 4 years. If you’re visiting here in Vegas and need info about these places. Give me a call. If you live here, let’s go meet at one of these restaurants have talk about Veganism and Vegasism.
Penny O’Brien RE/MAX Excellence
Las Vegas | Henderson | Summerlin Realtor/Real Estate Agent
and Comments (RSS)
All information on this web site is deemed accurate and reliable however it is not guaranteed.
Site Design by Perkolate Web Design Las Vegas
© 2013-2007 Penny O'Brien. All Rights Reserved.
Penny O'Brien can help you with: new home las vegas nv, las vegas nevada real estate, las vegas homes, las vegas luxury condo for sale, condo listings las vegas, blue diamond nevada real estate, las vegas realtor online, las vegas house condo prices, las vegas buy real estate, las vegas residential real estate, las vegas home, new home las vegas nv, and las vegas new home. Contact Penny today to discuss!
< Back to Las Vegas Nevada Real Estate Agent, Homes, Realtor - Penny O'Brien Homepage