Posts Tagged ‘family’
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
So, you’ve got Fresh paint on the walls, professional staging and an asking price that ends in 999 — when you’re selling your home, you’ll do whatever you can to help it stand out and sell faster, as a seller you want every edge you can get. And on the heels of the popular Consumer Electronics Show in January, perhaps that edge is a smarter home.
Smart home features are designed to make homes more convenient, appealing, secure and energy-efficient — all of which are bonuses when you’re trying to sell a house, most Sellers who want to move their homes faster may benefit from adding smart features that make their properties more appealing to tech-minded buyers.
Here are six trending smart home features that might catch buyers’ attention and help sell your home faster:
* Keyless/remote entry door locks — Have you ever left the house and worried that you left the front door unlocked? If your home is equipped with a keyless/remote entry door lock — available from multiple manufacturers — you can use an app on your smartphone to lock the door from wherever you are. Some manufacturers make versions that will also send a text or email to your phone when the door opens. Locks that can be programmed with multiple entry codes also allow you to see who comes and goes and when.
* Smart lighting — From lighting automation that allows you to control lights remotely and wirelessly, to energy-efficient LED bulbs that can change color to match your mood and decor, lighting has come a long way. Some smart lights work in tandem with home automation systems to allow you to turn them on or off, or even dim them, from an app on a smartphone or tablet. Others require no communication hub and can be controlled directly from your mobile device. You can also put some smart bulbs on timers (using your wireless device), sync them with certain TV shows or movies, and integrate them with security cameras and thermostats.
* DIY security systems — Don’t want to sign a contract or deal with complex security systems? Install-it-yourself security systems are affordable and offer security features like cameras, sensors, motion detectors and alarms or sirens, without the need for a security service to monitor them.
* Smart appliances — The Internet of Things (IoT) — everyday objects that have network connectivity — includes a growing list of smart appliances. Many manufacturers are offering washers, dryers, refrigerators and other home appliances that can communicate with you — and each other — wirelessly. Many can be controlled remotely from your smartphone — so if you leave the house and can’t remember if you turned off the stove, you can check in and turn it off using your smartphone app.
While appliances aren’t always included in a home sale, they do make for interesting features that keep your home top of mind to buyers.
* Smart plugs — One of the easiest, most affordable smart home upgrades you can make is to add smart plugs to your home. These Wi-Fi-enabled plugs fit existing outlets and can be controlled from a smartphone app. Plug anything into a smart plug, like lights or a television, and you can turn it on or off remotely, track energy consumption, or even create an on-off schedule.
* Temperature controls — Programmable thermostats were just the beginning; today’s home temperature controls are even smarter. Like other smart home features, smart thermostats can be controlled remotely from your mobile device. You can program them to make automatic temperature adjustments and then use your smartphone to override the program like turning up the heat on a particularly cold day. Some smart thermostats learn from household behavior and adjust the temperature to meet your family’s needs and save energy, while others adjust based on the number of people in a room. And several can now be operated via voice-controlled virtual assistants.
So Many of these smart home features are surprisingly easy and affordable to install, Sellers who are open to the idea of investing a little money to possibly help get a speedier sale, may want to consider adding the smart features buyers will be looking for in 2017.
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
I’m Penny O’Brien with RE/MAX Excellence. I love pinching pennies when it comes to helping my buyers get their perfect home. I have been in the Real Estate business for over 16 years full time here in Las Vegas. What’s good about that is several things but mainly the friendships I’ve made with other Professional Realtors, Lenders, Title Companies, Home Warranty companies, Inspectors and many vendors.
When I am helping a buyer purchase a home I have the experience on how to communicate with the Listing agent. I do it with ease and professionalism. That’s very important these days because it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to be a Realtor and that being said there are a whole bunch of people that get into Real Estate for different reasons. I have experience in the industry. Which when it comes to buying or selling should be very important to you. I love helping my clients. You can talk with any of them and they will share with you our experience while searching for their home. Their experience during the whole transaction. I make it fun for them and we really have a good time. I greatly appreciate all of my wonderful clients, they are truly amazing.
I work the whole valley, Summerlin, Henderson, Green Valley, North Las Vegas. I always have and I always will. I help clients who are interested in condos, townhomes, Single Family Residences, High Rises and Rentals.
P.S. Working with a RE/MAX agent like myself is not more expensive than any other Real Estate company, it’s a big plus to you. Thank you for your time.
If you are in the market to buy and or sell, give me a call, text or drop me an email. I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your life. Penny 702.321.9383….. GoWithPenny@yahoo.com
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
It’s Penny here to help answer any questions you may have related to buying a home. First of all, Let’s have fun with this new adventure. I will try my best to make your purchase as fun and drama free as possible.
Penny O’Brien, Remax Excellence 702.321.9383 GOwithPenny@yahoo.com
Here are a few helpful buying hints:
- Call Me @ 702.321.9383. I have been working with first time home buyers for over 17 years full-time. I will be there with you throughout the whole transaction.
- There are many down payment programs out there to help make your purchase so much easier than ever before.
- Don’t always listen to what your co-workers are telling you or even your family as far as that goes. They mean well, but don’t always know the best ways to go about the process.
- Let’s find you a home that completely fits your budget, needs and wants.
Are you ready to start shopping? Then, Let’s get moving.
Enjoy the rest of your day,
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
I get asked the question from my buyers every single day, how safe is this neighborhood? I can’t answer that question because of course we all know that people come and go out of neighborhoods quickly. No telling who is moving in or out for that matter. I always recommend a few ways to come to a conclusion on this situation of knowing about safety.
- I always recommend that they visit the home they are interested in several days and during the night hours. We all know that different times of the day can tell a lot about the activity taking place.
- I also suggest going on to Metro’s Police Dept. website. It is: http://www.lvmpd.com
- There is also a site to check on sex offenders and where they live: Website: http://www.familywatchdog.us
- Many times I will knock on the neighbors doors and get to know some of the people that live inside the community. They are always a good source of information.
Of course you must always go with what feels right. If you don’t feel comfortable with how you feel about the house. MOVE on.
I strive to always make sure my clients are happy with their purchase. I have happy clients who are happy living in their homes. I will not allow them to settle for a place just because of needing a place to live.
Thank you for visiting my blog and website.
Call, text or email me anytime with Real Estate questions you may have.
Penny O’Brien, 702.321.9383
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
Currently, there are 1487, condos, townhomes, single family homes for sale in Summerlin, South Summerlin and surrounding Summerlin Areas. Information is gathered from the Las Vegas MLS. This is just an estimate.
Inventory is scarce. The Summerlin Area is very desirable. It always has been. I expect it to continue.
I am a certified Summerlin Specialist.
If you have any Real Estate questions. Feel free to call me. Penny @ 7 02.321.9383
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
I proudly salute the men and women of the United States Armed Forces whose personal sacrifices protect our great nation.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same” – Ronald Reagan
Penny is a full service discount Real Estate Agent , She is proud to offer Veterans and Active Duty members 2% cash back on their next home purchase! Buy any home in Las Vegas using me as your Buyer’s Agent, and Penny will give you 2% of the purchase price at settlement! In addition, you’ll also receive a $100 gift card to your choice of either Home Depot or Lowes Home Improvement. Receive thousands of dollars at settlement just for choosing Penny. It’s her way of saying “Thank You” for all that you do.
If you need to sell your home allowing you to preserve your hard earned equity and savings. Penny is a Full Service Real Estate Agent that will work tirelessly to sell your home at a very fair and affordable commission. Your 100% satisfaction is her mission
CALL me anytime, Penny @ 702.321.9383
Las Vegas | Henderson | Summerlin Realtor/Real Estate Agent
and Comments (RSS)
All information on this web site is deemed accurate and reliable however it is not guaranteed.
Site Design by Perkolate Web Design Las Vegas
© 2013-2007 Penny O'Brien. All Rights Reserved.
Penny O'Brien can help you with: new home las vegas nv, las vegas nevada real estate, las vegas homes, las vegas luxury condo for sale, condo listings las vegas, blue diamond nevada real estate, las vegas realtor online, las vegas house condo prices, las vegas buy real estate, las vegas residential real estate, las vegas home, new home las vegas nv, and las vegas new home. Contact Penny today to discuss!
< Back to Las Vegas Nevada Real Estate Agent, Homes, Realtor - Penny O'Brien Homepage