Archive for the ‘Summerlin Real Estate’ Category
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Here is another way to search for free home search for you viewing. Call me anytime with any Real Estate Questions you may have. Penny O’Brien at 702.321.9383
I have the low down on NEW homes in Las Vegas too.
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Are you curious to see what’s happening in our Las Vegas Housing Market? Check it out on my free home search. One home or many homes, if you like them give me a call and let’s check them out. Penny O’Brien @ 702.321.9383
I have another site that is strictly for the New Homes Sales in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North Las Vegas, the NW, SW and Henderson.
I work nights and weekends so don’t hesitate to call anytime. Thank you for your time and have a good day/evening.
P.S. I can help you find a rental too if that is what you’re looking for.
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
- Penny’s commissions and how they work
- How will she help you with your Real Estate needs.
You’ve done your research, and you are ready to purchase a home. Now is the time to call Penny, your Real Estate Agent with over a decade of experience. 15 years to be exact.
As a buyer, you don’t gain anything by not using an agent, because the seller pays the agent a commission. A percentage of the commission, usually half, goes to the listing agent (the agent who put the house on the market on the seller’s behalf), and the remaining commission goes to the buyer’s agent (the agent that represents you, the buyer). Typical commissions range from 5 to 7 percent.
In the past, agents always worked for the seller. The bigger the sales amount, the higher the commission. Now that’s not usually the case. Instead, you sign a contract specifying a buyer’s agency or representation. If you aren’t sure about the type of agent, ask!
Your Real Estate Agent Penny will help you in many ways, including the following:
- Penny will help you determine how much you’d like to spend when purchasing a home. She can recommend lenders and work with lenders on your behalf to prequalify you for a loan.
- Penny has access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) that lists homes for sale. While you can also find houses on your own by attending open houses, reading your paper’s real estate section, or looking online. She is the best point of access for all homes and can arrange showings for houses of interest.
- Your Favorite Agent Penny will help you narrow your search by going through a home with you and noting what you like and dislike. She is also a source of information about the home itself: how long it’s been on the market, the neighborhood and school system, the home’s best features and so on. Rather than being flooded with properties of all type, your agent can help you find a match for your specific needs and wants.
- Your Favorite Real Estate Agent Penny can also answer questions about the current market, interest rates and other home buying issues. She can also refer you to other specialists whom you will need, including a home inspector or a lender.
- If you’re interested in a Brand New Home she is an expert on all the Las Vegas Builders, what they have to offer and where they are building, whether it’s the North, South East or West. Including Summerlin, Henderson, the NW and SW.
- Your favorite Real Estate Agent Penny will negotiate on your behalf when you make your offer on your new place. The agent can help you determine exactly what you offer by several different techniques. Many things play a factor in the price such as appliances, seller’s help on closing costs and other negotiation issues). The agent will write up the offer and present it to the seller’s agent.
- Your agent Penny will lead you through the process, ensuring all necessary steps are completed, such as helping find a lender, if you require to finance, participating in the home inspection, working with the title company, repair people any thing that needs to addressed during the sales process.
- She will also help people searching for a rental.
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Happy April Fool’s Day. There are currently 1463 Family Homes, Condos and Townhomes for Sale in or near Summerlin. Which include South Summerlin, North Summerlin, Summerlin Centre, The Lakes and Pecole Ranch. This number is from the MLS estimate.
Have a wonderful day.
Penny @ 702.321.9383
Saturday, February 22nd, 2014
Currently there are an estimated 621 homes for rent in Summerlin, North and South Villages. Call me for a free viewing. Have a great day.
Agent, Penny @ 702.321.9383
Click below for your free search.
Wednesday, February 5th, 2014
This home is located in a very convenient area of Las Vegas, Near lots of shopping, restaurants, parks, schools and the 215.
Call me for a viewing of this amazing home. Penny @ 702.321.9383
Let’s get moving.
Tuesday, January 28th, 2014
For release Jan. 8, 2014
GLVAR reports home prices rose in December, up 24 percent in 2013
LAS VEGAS – Southern Nevada home prices ended 2013 on an upswing, with the median price of existing homes up 24 percent from the same time the year before, according to statistics released today by the Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS® (GLVAR).
GLVAR reported that the median price of an existing single-family home sold in Southern Nevada during December 2013 was $185,000, up 1.1 percent from $183,000 in November and up 24.2 percent from December 2012, when the median price was $149,000. Meanwhile, the median price of existing condominiums and townhomes sold in December was $96,000, down 3.0 percent from $99,000 in November, but up 26.3 percent from $76,000 one year ago.
GLVAR President Heidi Kasama, a longtime local REALTOR® who succeeded 2013 President Dave Tina starting Jan. 1, said local home prices have been increasing for the past two years, though they have stabilized in recent months. She noted that GLVAR tracked a similar year-over-year increase in local home prices during 2012, when the median price of existing homes sold in Southern Nevada also increased by 24 percent from the start to the end of 2012.
“Local homeowners should be happy with the strong appreciation we’ve seen over the past two years,” Kasama said. “We haven’t seen increases like this since the middle part of the last decade. Like most housing experts, I expect to see more stable home prices in 2014.”
Putting these recently rising home prices into perspective, she said existing local home prices bottomed out at a median price of $118,000 in January 2012 before appreciating for a record 19 straight months until September 2013. Local home prices are still well below their June 2006 peak of $315,000.
Kasama said 2013 was also a year of transition from distressed to more traditional sales, where lenders are not controlling the transaction. GLVAR has been tracking fewer foreclosures and short sales – which occur when a lender agrees to sell a home for less than what the borrower owes on the mortgage. In December, 20.7 percent of all existing local home sales were short sales, down from 21 percent in November. Another 8.5 percent of all December sales were bank-owned properties, up from 7 percent in November.
Of the 40,242 existing residential properties sold in Southern Nevada during 2013, GLVAR reported that 62 percent were traditional sales. That’s a big jump from 2012, when only 37 percent of all 44,902 sales that year were traditional.
Kasama said REALTORS® are pushing Congress to extend for at least another year the federal Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act that expired Dec. 31, 2013. Unless Congress votes to extend this act retroactively to the end of 2013, as some members of Nevada’s congressional delegation are proposing, any amount of money a bank writes off in agreeing to sell a home as part of a short sale starting in 2014 may become taxable when sellers file their income taxes. Without this tax relief, Kasama expects far fewer short sales this year.
GLVAR said the total number of existing local homes, condominiums and townhomes sold in December was 2,915, up from 2,694 in November, but down from 3,624 in December 2012.
Like November, GLVAR reported fewer homes listed for sale in December. The total number of properties listed for sale on GLVAR’s Multiple Listing Service decreased in December, with 13,303 single-family homes listed for sale at the end of the month. That’s down 6.6 percent from 14,240 single-family homes listed for sale at the end of November and down 8.9 percent from one year ago. GLVAR reported a total of 2,903 condos and townhomes listed for sale on its MLS in December, down 19.9 percent from 3,624 listed in November and down 16.5 percent from one year ago.
GLVAR also reported fewer available homes listed for sale without any sort of pending or contingent offer. By the end of December, GLVAR reported 6,587 single-family homes listed without any sort of offer. That’s down 3.6 percent from 6,830 such homes listed in November, but still up 78.6 percent from one year ago. For condos and townhomes, the 1,664 properties listed without offers in December represented a 24.1 percent decrease from 2,192 such properties listed in November, but a 33.0 percent increase from one year ago.
In December, GLVAR reported that 44.4 percent of all existing local homes sold were purchased with cash. That’s up from 43.7 in November but down from a peak of 59.5 percent set in February 2013.
The median price of bank-owned homes sold in December was $159,900, up from $152,500 in November. The median price of homes sold as part of a short sale in December was $165,000, up from $158,500 in November.
These GLVAR statistics include activity through the end of December 2013. GLVAR distributes such statistics each month based on data collected through its MLS, which does not necessarily account for newly constructed homes sold by local builders or for sale by owners. Other highlights include:
- The monthly value of local real estate transactions tracked through the MLS during December increased by 10.7 percent for homes to more than $550 million. For condos and townhomes, the total value of all December sales was more than $71 million, up 1 percent from November. Compared to one year ago, total sales volumes in December were up 1.6 percent for homes and up 3.1 percent for condos and townhomes.
- In December, 69.1 percent of all existing local homes and 63.0 percent of all condos and townhomes sold within 60 days. That compares to November, when 73.5 percent of all existing local homes and 67.2 percent of all condos and townhomes sold within 60 days.
Thursday, January 9th, 2014
Currently per the MLS there are 624 estimated homes for rent in Summerlin, Las Vegas and Surrounding Areas of Summerlin.
I’m Here to help you.
Call me for your free RENTAL Excursion.. It’s Free to you, Penny O’Brien @ 702.321.9383
Las Vegas | Henderson | Summerlin Realtor/Real Estate Agent
and Comments (RSS)
All information on this web site is deemed accurate and reliable however it is not guaranteed.
Site Design by Perkolate Web Design Las Vegas
© 2013-2007 Penny O'Brien. All Rights Reserved.
Penny O'Brien can help you with: new home las vegas nv, las vegas nevada real estate, las vegas homes, las vegas luxury condo for sale, condo listings las vegas, blue diamond nevada real estate, las vegas realtor online, las vegas house condo prices, las vegas buy real estate, las vegas residential real estate, las vegas home, new home las vegas nv, and las vegas new home. Contact Penny today to discuss!
< Back to Las Vegas Nevada Real Estate Agent, Homes, Realtor - Penny O'Brien Homepage