National Native American Heritage Month, observed since 1990, gives Americans the opportunity to reflect, celebrate, and honor the Native People of this land. This year, we celebrate the 27th anniversary of this observance to marvel at their contributions to society, educate ourselves on their heritage and raise awareness about the challenges and triumphs they have endured throughout history.
Native Americans have contributed vastly in the arts, sciences, education, civic leadership, and engineering, just to name a few. They have served and continue to serve in our Armed Forces, pioneered many of our medical and vocational innovations, leading many of the environmental activism being carried out today.
Did you know? There are over 550 federally recognized tribes in America today and currently about 4.5 million Native Americans living in the U.S.
obtaining a NADL, law requires that:
- The applicant must be an eligible Veteran.
- The tribal organization or other appropriate Native American group must be participating in the VA direct loan program. The tribal organization must have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, that spells out the conditions under which the program will operate on its trust lands.
- Apply for the Certificate of Eligibility.
- The loan must be to purchase, construct, or improve a home on Native American trust land.
- The Veteran must occupy the property as his or her primary residence.
- The Veteran must be a satisfactory credit risk
I can help with your buying and selling needs. I have been in the Real Estate business for over 20 years and have VERY happy clients. Call me:
Penny O’Brien 702.321.9383