Do you have questions about this wonderful Native American Indian Home Loan Program here in Las Vegas? I have answers for you.
Penny O’Brien 702.321.9383
Here’s a few in sites about the HUD 184 Loan Program.
Yes, you can buy new home construction, there are limits to the amount of purchase for buyers
Yes, You do need a tribal card or CDIB (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood or Certificate of Degree of Alaska Native Blood)
A Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood does not establish membership in a tribe.
Tribal membership is determined by tribal laws and may or may not require a CDIB or may require a separate tribal determination of ancestry or blood degree.
- Your full name, address, telephone number and birth certificate, and marriage certificate. (born 1940)
- Completed application form for CDIB card.
- Your parents full name, birth, death, and marriage certificate for both of them. (You need both, after all they are your parents, so you need both of them to prove who you are, even if the Native American heritage is only on one side.) (born 1915-1921)
- Your grand parents full name, birth death and marriages certificates for both of them. (born 1890-1895) Now the research becomes harder!! In many states there was no birth, death and marriage registration prior to 1900. You can use tribal roll records, census records, probate records, baptism records. Again you will need to know where these people lived and census records are your best source. Except for Native Americans, who hid, lied, and avoided the census taker all together.
- Your great grandparents full name, birth death and marriage certificates for both. (born 1865-1870)
- Your great great grandparents, full name, birth, death and marriage certificates for both. (born 1845-1850
I have helped many buyers use this program and look forward to helping you too. Penny O’Brien