Archive for the ‘call Penny O’Brien @ 702.321.9383’ Category
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017
Let’s be honest, shall we? If you don’t have a pre-approval letter from a lender when you are ready to buy do you really think that a seller will take you seriously? Think of it this way, let’s turn the situation around. You are the seller, I put your house on the market and offers start flooding in. Any one can offer any amount, someone could offer you a million dollars on a home valued at $200k. It does not mean that the lender/bank/financial company is going to loan you a million dollars for the house. They will loan you the appraised value, minus down payment amount depending on your loan type. You’re probably not going to go to the market and pay $20 a pound for apples, unless they are gold plated. Back to the pre-approval letter and buyers.
For the sack of being simple let’s say 2 offers come in. One offer is at list price, we believe after doing our investigation on the property that it will appraise for list. The second offer is at list and the buyer is willing to pay out of pocket an additional $20k cause it’s right next to their family and they have to have the house. The first offer came with a pre-approval letter and is a sound buyer. The second offer has no approval letter, you have no idea if this buyer is capable of purchasing your home or not. There’s no evidence of funds. NOW WHAT? Obviously, we ask for the letter of approval but they tell us, don’t worry we are good for the loan, we have good jobs, have money in our savings, we’ve bought before, the bank will give us the money. Are you going to believe them? I hope not. You have to be able to know at least at the time of their loan application that they were qualified for the loan. Things can change between then and the time of purchase.
So, the moral of the blog is, if we are going to go out there and start looking for a home for you, FIRST things FIRST, let’s talk with a lender. It’s important also to feel comfortable with the payment you will be making. You may fall in love with a house that is totally out of your price range. It’s all about preparing yourself for what is right for you.
What kind of loan will you be getting? FHA? VA? Conventional, HUD or paying CASH.
Now, are you ready? Let’s go see a lender and see what best for you. You can reach me at: 702.321.9383 Text, call or email: GoWithPenny@yahoo.com
ENJOY LIFE, Penny
Saturday, January 21st, 2017
Ready, Set Let’s get moving. Whether you know what it’s like to buy a house or have no clue you’ve come to the right place. I’ve been helping first time home buyers purchase their first place for over 15 years full-time.
So, what kind of questions do you have or perhaps doubts do you have? Does it go something like this?
- We don’t have enough money to buy. ( it doesn’t take much money to purchase a place. I have lots of options for you)
- Our credit sucks. (we can fix that)
- We are in a lease for a quite a while yet. (You never know how long it may take to find your place, It’s never too soon to start looking at homes)
- It’s cheaper to rent than own. (that’s not true in most cases)
- My friends, co-workers and family all say I am dreaming. (What’s wrong with Dreaming. Let’s get you educated so you can full-fill your dream)
- I heard I have to have a lot of money to purchase a home, the down payment, closing costs, inspections, the list goes on and on. (There are so many down payment assistant programs out here, closing costs can be paid by the seller, please do not get scared, I’m here to help)
Let’s see what the pros of owning your own home can be:
- Paint the walls whatever color you want.
- Be free to have pets. No one telling you that you can’t have a dog or cat etc.
- Place wall hanging and pictures wherever you’d like.
- Most of the time you will have a garage.
- Yard space.
- Lots more privacy.
- Independence and Freedom.
- The number of goodness of owning a home is priceless.
Please don’t hesitate to call me and let’s talk about your new home. There are no questions that are silly or stupid as I sometimes hear from First timers. Listen, Seriously, I don’t know what you do for a living but I bet I can’t do it and have no idea of how to. VisaVersa here. You might not know Real Estate, I’ve been doing it for so long, I can help you.
Penny O’Brien 702.321.9383
Sunday, June 5th, 2016
I hope this blog finds you very well and happy.
Basics when looking at condos………
1. FHA: Entire Project Must be FHA Approved.
2. OWNERSHIP: Does any one person or entity own more than 10% of the units?
3. LITIGATION: Is there current unsettled litigation? If yes, request copy of litigation documents .
4. SETTLED LITIGATION: request copy of documentation to reflect settlement and confirm repairs completed.
5. OCCUPANCY: Are 51% or more units owner occupied or second homes?
6. HOA: Are there more than 15% owners delinquent on HOA fees?
7. AMENTITIES: does the condo project share with hotel? (condo-tels have not been lendable for several years.)
Monday, April 18th, 2016
How are you? I have been using the term food for thought and for the past 3 days others/strangers have also been using it. I find it fascinating when I’m talking with someone or thinking of someone and they start talking about what I’m thinking. The power of thought is pretty amazing. Which brings me to the thought of Real Estate. You and many others think about Real Estate a lot I bet. Whether it’s how much is my house worth? Should I buy a house? Should I sell my house? What about the school district, are we in the right one now? Do I want to live closer to work? Should I buy a bigger house to have some other family members move in with me? Choices are wonderful. This is why I say, if you are thinking Real Estate call me and let’s think together. There are so many things to consider and I am a honest agent that truly will help you in deciding what is right for you. I am not saying I have all the answers but I can help educate you on pricing of homes and any other questions about Las Vegas Real Estate that you may have.
I really do look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your day/evening. Until next time, take care of yourself. Penny O’Brien your friendly Realtor,
Las Vegas | Henderson | Summerlin Realtor/Real Estate Agent
and Comments (RSS)
All information on this web site is deemed accurate and reliable however it is not guaranteed.
Site Design by Perkolate Web Design Las Vegas
© 2013-2007 Penny O'Brien. All Rights Reserved.
Penny O'Brien can help you with: new home las vegas nv, las vegas nevada real estate, las vegas homes, las vegas luxury condo for sale, condo listings las vegas, blue diamond nevada real estate, las vegas realtor online, las vegas house condo prices, las vegas buy real estate, las vegas residential real estate, las vegas home, new home las vegas nv, and las vegas new home. Contact Penny today to discuss!
< Back to Las Vegas Nevada Real Estate Agent, Homes, Realtor - Penny O'Brien Homepage